Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Suffuring Makes Us Stronger

Source:http://thebadactor.blogspot.com/2012/10/
Suffering is an aspect of life we must all endure. In the book “The heart of Buddha’s Teachings” suffering is seen in a new light. Buddhism look at suffering as a learning experience, which helps us, grow and appreciate what we do have. “If you have experienced hunger, you know that having food is a miracle. If you have suffered from the cold you know the preciousness of warmth, when you have suffered you know how to appreciate the elements of paradise.”(Hahn 4) Buddhism uses the four noble truths suffering, arising of suffering, cessation of suffering and how well-being arises, as a way to deal with suffering and how to grow from it. “When we look deeply into any of the four truths we see the other three… When we look deeply into the truth of suffering, we see how to end that suffering and touch well being.”( 45) 

http://www.staceycurnow.com/2011/04/buddha-says/
Like everyone I have experienced times of suffering. One of the hardest times in my life was the death of my grandmother. Loosing my grandmother was incredibly hard as we were so close, but just as Buddhism says I did heal. Through this suffering I grew as a person, I came to better understand the way life works. Most importantly though I feel that this suffering from the loss of my grandmother made me realize how important family is and how I must appreciate and spend time with the family I have while I still can.


Another example of suffering in my life would be my anxiety. When I was younger I suffered terribly with anxiety, it made everyday activities like attending school torture. Through time and patience though I learned to deal with and eventually overcome my anxiety. To this day the suffering I experiences when I was young with my anxiety has helped me become a stronger person, who can overcome just about anything 

No comments:

Post a Comment