Sunday, March 24, 2013

Imagery Poem Challenge

Mediation Walk and Imagery Poem

Cracks in the pavement like laugh lines on an aged face mark wrinkles in time



My feet carefully avoid reflective rain puddle, natures mirrors

Small rivers line the curb, the wind whispers a sweet melody to match the mockingbirds bellowing cry from the gully below 


My boots pass over frozen packed sand, leaving no mark of my presence there

Daisy, my canine companion, gazes back at me with a wag of her tail, beckoning to wander further down the vacant street 

Wind tosses my hair in my face, like a models photo shoot gone awry 

Your warm hand cradles mine, shielding me from the cold world while two sets of footsteps lead into the airport but only one walks back out again. 

This challenge was to take a five minute walk each day, a meditation walk, taking our time to notice something that catches our eye, and focus on that image, use our senses. I enjoyed this challenge, it came quite easy to me, on my walks, possible lines for my poem came easily. This exercise played on my creativity, which is a big part of my life. It was nice to take a few minutes to myself and become enveloped in the nature surrounding me. These lines were from multiple places that I went that week; on my way back from class, walking my dog, and even saying goodbye to my boyfriend at the airport. This challenge was my favorite so far, it came very natural to me.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love the images you've placed beside each line of the poem. Very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete