Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Ethics has Broadened My View



          This class has been an eye-opening experience for me.  I believe it has broadened my cultural awareness and will help me to relate to future patients of different cultures and ethical beliefs.  I learned a great deal about Yoga, Taoism, Buddhism, and Native American ethics. Prior to this class I had little to no insight on these different ethical philosophies.
            My two favorite topics that we covered in this class were Yoga and Native American Ethics.  Yogic ethics is a topic that was very unknown to me before taking this course. Our meditation challenges, sun salutation practice and vegetarian challenge was really impactful for me.  I found that I agreed with many principles of yogic ethics. I enjoyed practicing the poses so much that I have decided to incorporate yoga as exercise in my daily life.  I find it to be an escape and a way for me to relax and relieve my stress. I have even began to include Kefir into my daily healthy diet.
    
        Native American ethics really hit home.  These people live here with us in North America.  They inhabited this land before any other people came to live here.  To read their stories and see the pain they endured because of U.S. citizens was heart breaking.  It really opened up my eyes to the struggles that Native American people still deal with today.
           Overall, this class was fun and interesting.  All of the material was covered in depth and in such a way that it was fun.  I enjoyed all of the challenges that forced me to incorporate different ethical principles into my own life.  I enjoyed this class very much and believe it will help me to be more compassionate to others in the future.  Thank you Dr. Salazar!



          

No comments:

Post a Comment