Monday, December 2, 2013

Nothing Stays The Same Forever



              In our lives we encounter people or things in which we become attached. We thrive on connections with others. Buddha finds this to be irrelevant to a good life due to the fact that everything around us is impermanent. The people we meet come and go our loved ones die. There is nothing we can do to stop it. But we allow those connections to cause us suffering when they go. It is the attachment that we have with them that make it so hard for us to let go.  If we allow ourselves to open up to someone to love them we are attaching ourselves to them. If we allow out attachments to keep us from living a happy and suffer free life then why do we do it?

                In my life I have been hurt many times due to attachments with people . Family and friends have come and gone. Creating feelings in which I do not like. When I loose someone I love I feel pain that I do not like to feel. My first year of high school I met a boy in which I thought I was madly in love with he was everything I thought I needed. He ended up not wanting to be more than friends I was young and naive.  I thought the world was ending, I never stopped to think that maybe we could be friends. I just wanted him to love me. The amount of suffering he caused me at that time was not necessary if I would have just opened my eyes and realized that he did want to be friends. Here we are six years later he is my best friend and although I have created an attachment to him as a friend I would not be me without him. Lastly, November of 2012 changed my life in a way in which I never thought possible. That November I lost an amazing woman. She was a mother figure to me. There are days I still cry because I was so close to her that when she died I felt so alone. I talked to her about everything and my life will not be the same without her. Even though I loved the relationship I had with her what if I wouldn't have gotten so close to her would I have had an easier time with her passing? According to the Buddha teaching if we don’t have attachments the impermanence of life will cause us less suffering.
               Although impermanence causes us pain there are parts that allow us to realize that while we are suffering through the pain of the death of a event that brought you that pain, there is a world around us that doesn't stop moving if we do. Impermanence shows us that we cannot change the past but we have a chance to make the future better. If we allow a painful event to keep us down there is so much we will miss while we are down. So don't allow the pain to bring you down;stand up and live your life or before you realize it your life will be over.






No comments:

Post a Comment