Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Day in the Life of Hunter


         This is my dog, Hunter, a miniature Beagle that has been part of the family for almost 8 years. It was an obvious choice to observe my dog because one can't help but notice him the entire time he is in the room. He will literally force me to pay attention whether I want to or not. Five minutes didn't seem like a long enough time to truly see how Hunter represents the Tao because, at any given moment, he will curl up and fall asleep instantly. The main part of Tao that he represented was "Virtue" or "Te". There is no more loyal a creature than the dog in my opinion. During my first observation, I brought Hunter for a walk and let him off the leash just to see what would happen. He never left my side the entire walk. People would walk by, cars would pass and yet he never once strayed away from me. This was news to me since I have never let him off of the leash and whenever we go for long walks, he would try so hard to run after everything. Once the barrier was removed, and he could take off, he chose not to. I have a theory that he didn't leave because his life is too good at my house but I chose to believe it's because he is loyal and virtuous. Once back at the house, he climbed onto the couch I was sitting on and laid next to me for as long as I would sit there. This dog literally never leaves my side. He is the definition of loyalty and virtue and that is why my dog, Hunter, represents the Tao.

No comments:

Post a Comment