Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Yogic escape from reality

Book 2: Sutra 25-26: Without this ignorance, no such union occurs. This is the independence of the Seer. Uninterrupted discriminative discernment is the method for its removal.
To me yoga is the escape from my daily practices; it allows me to really just relax myself in order to focus on what is really important in my life and what I need to do in order to achieve my goals. This ability to get away from the distractions is what Patanjali was saying about uninterrupted discriminative discernments. He is saying that if you can recognize that you are distracted and have a goal that you will be able to reach escape at its truest form. Without this escape your life is just distractions and you will be headed in the wrong direction on your journey to achieve what you want in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment