Friday, May 10, 2013

Ethics Within the Class



I don’t think I can say anything about my final philosophy class that hasn’t already been said or worse yet I don’t think I can say something without using a cliché. First and most importantly the design of the class facilitated learning in so many ways. Not just learning the subject matter but getting to learn one another. I thoroughly enjoyed all the in depth conversations that took place over the course of the semester and believe that this was not only more fun but more meaningful to everyone and the lessons learned from speaking with one another will resonate more than any reading from a book.

Personally my favorite section of the course was the Native American section, mostly because I had not had any prior education to them as a people and what their plight is in the present day. I feel as a people they still have a great deal to offer Western Civilization and I hope one day as a people that they and their culture are accepted into society without prejudice.


I had the most fun not only getting to know people within the class but also writing and telling my own story and hearing the stories of others. This class gave me the ability to express my own values and learn and respect others in the process. I’d like to express a congratulations to Dr. Salazar for undertaking this class in a new bold way, but most importantly making it the success it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment