Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Reflections

       This class was really impactful for me.  I was able to express my way in ways that I never thought were possible.  I never liked telling my story or talking about my emotions, but with each new religion or way of life that we covered, I realized something new about myself.  Moreover, I found joy in nature again.  I always loved nature as a young girl, but I have been too consumed with work and school as of late to take time out to do any of the outdoor activities I really enjoy.  
     We are all accountable for our community as a whole.  My goal after I graduate with my bachelors in International Studies: Developing Societies is to join the Peace Corps.  I have always had a passion for helping people and now with this view of the world as a community, I have a responsibility to contribute to its benefit any way that I can.  What I learned from this Ethics Across Continents class is that in order to become a productive member of society, we all need to first understand ourselves before we can begin to know others. 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment