Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Lifestyle Learning


My experience in this philosophy class was a great one, I've never had a teacher require a blog before and I am glad she did. The fact that we put our thoughts and feelings and knowledge out for the world to see is kind of exciting, especially since we have heard some good reviews! I think it was a fun way to write essays and show what we had learned so far, it might be one of my favorite parts of the class.

I like how close our class got, how we could share our stories and laugh with each other. I had fun in this class and am glad that I chose to take it. I feel more well-rounded and cultured from learning about other religions and ways of life. I think it’s good to know about other communities other than your own and I had a really good time analyzing and discussing the books. I feel more culturally aware after this class because I learned a lot about the way other people live and their faiths and lifestyles. I liked how we got to try out a small part of their lifestyles with the challenges and the activities in class.

Overall, this class has been a learning experience for me. Sometimes I do yoga in my spare time as well as meditation. I don’t see myself converting or fully joining any of the religions or lifestyles that we discussed, but I took a little piece of each and applied them to my life. I think it is important for people to take this class because in other classes we talk about other cultures but we never try to fully understand them and try out some of their practices. The teacher helped by being enthusiastic and funny, as well as understanding and kind. I hope that the students in this class, along with myself, now have a better understanding of other cultures and religions and will go out into the world without discrimination but with open eyes and minds and to embrace the differences in our communities. We all shared personal stories and pieces of ourselves in this class and everyone was respectful of one another which I think is a great accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment