Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The End Comes Faster Than Expected

I learned a lot from this class, we covered various types of ethics such as Yogic, Tao, Native American, and Buddhism  I came to the class on the first day and saw the course outline, my first thought was "wow this is going to be a good class" and I'm proud to say it was! Yoga, the first unit was interesting because it was very hands on and WE DID YOGA! Something I've never done before which was way harder than I expected it to be. The course allowed me to try things I would have never done! Like trying to be a vegetarian for a few days, I'm a strict carnivore  My favorite unit was the Buddhism unit, due to the fact that the text was awesome and the ideas such as the Noble Eightfold Path stood out to me.
I liked the Native American unit as well because I have been to Native American reservations several times and it was cool to learn about things I've seen done at the reservation and relate it to the ethics and religious practices of the natives. Overall, I have enjoyed the course and plan on taking my course with Prof Salazar in the future!

-Shawnna

No comments:

Post a Comment