Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Escape Away to My Sacred Place



My sacred land is on the roof of my house at home in Simsbury, CT.It has been my favorite place to get away from the stress and responsibilities of everyday problemsthat we experience. 
This sacred spot has helped me get away many times in the past when I felt trapped and didn't know what to do. When there is a clear night and you can see as many stars in sky as you can possibly imagine it makes me feel free of all the problems, like I can do anything in the world. 

My rooftop has been a place of solitude and peace for me just as the Native Americans have their sacred lands that they keep secret and safe from outsiders in order to continue their traditions.



"May the stars carry your sadness away, 
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,

And, above all, may silence make you strong."


Chief Dan George

No comments:

Post a Comment