Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lost on the Diamond

For me, there is only one sacred place in my life: a baseball field. I am more at home on a baseball diamond than anywhere else in the world. Technically it is more than one place that is sacred to me but they are all the same. I have played baseball my entire life and the memories I have are cherished. The actual picture I have posted is my fondest memory of baseball. This was during a tournament a few years back that started at 9 a.m. The tournament went deep into the night with the championship game not starting until 2 a.m. My team and I had won all of the previous games of the day and we were exhausted. The team we were playing had only played three games that day and looked very fresh. We wouldn't be denied however and played our hearts out. We won the game in extra innings at 5 o'clock in the morning, the greatest feeling of my life. I could not imagine my sacred place being anything other than a baseball field.

No comments:

Post a Comment