Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sacred Garden



Last week while learning about Native American and the importance of land, family and community I left the class thinking about a sacred space. It was one of the units that I could relate myself the most. While the professor was explaining to the class, I immediately thought of a place that it is not only part of my community, but also a place that holds a lot of memories and fun stories. When I was fourteen, I joined program call Gardening the Community. It is a youth program for student from the ages of 12 to 16. From the moment I started until now each one of the people and youth that is or has been part of the program has left a mark in my life, in my memory. Each memory brings with it its own joy or its own sadness. In the garden I have had discussion that has changed my life and my point of view. It is a place that has since me grown.
The beauty of working in a garden is that each hot sunny or rainy day has its own finger print. To me, it is a way of taking care of the land that God has given us. It is nice to see a plant grow  It is my sacred space because in that place I feel more connected to nature in a city where we tend to forget about the beauty of it.
from a seed to a plant that is fertile and gives fruit for us to have. But it is also sad to see it go, when the season is over. and they end. In this garden I had made new sister and new brothers that will be part of my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment