Saturday, February 9, 2013

Family Together

This meditation was quick, but did leave a lasting impression. Putting my body in a relaxed state gave me the feeling that I was in control of my body. By controlling my body, I was able to control my mind and how I think and feel. Saying "OM" and feeling the vibration made me really believe what I read, that OM is within. I  go to church and have faith, but this practice was a sort of reinforcement for me because I was able to feel the sensation in saying OM.



Also, I was asked to say a word or phrase that would be the one thing that would bring me peace. To me, that would be "family together". Having divorced parents, the only thing I've ever desired was that feeling of a united family. That is the most significant aspect of my life that be stops me from having peace of mind. It is also a part of my life that I know may never be fixed; so I will always want. Saying it in my head allowed me to focus on it and recognize that is does make me unhappy. I wonder how hard I try resolve this? Should I allow myself to accept things the way they are in order to bring myself peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment