Monday, December 2, 2013

Love is Suffer

According to Buddha, we all live in a world of suffering. Wether we suffer from a lost loved one, a broken arm, or even a break up, we all indure the feeling of suffering in our everyday lives. Buddah's knowledge and outlook on suffering and why we endure such a horrible feeling, gave me a lot of insight on how to try and live my life with less pain.

As I began to read more about Buddah's journey into finding why we suffer, I tried to think about my own life as well and figure out what contributes to my suffering. Siddhartha Gautama, before he became known as Buddah, wanted to search for a way to end his and others suffering. Sitting under a bodhi tree one night, he vowed not to stand till he was enlightened. As the moring sun began to arose he was filled with understanding. It was at this point he found and taught the Four Noble Truths of the existance of suffering, the making of sufferings, and restoring well-being back into the world. What drew me interest in the Noble Truths was how simplistic it was but at the same time how hard it really is to implement. It was at that point I realized, some things are easier said than done.

The most interesting finding that stood out to me was the feeling of attachment we all hold towards objects and poeple. We are attached to people and things becasue they bring us joy, happiness, laughter and love, but at the same time they are the very things that are contribute to our suffering. This feeling of attachment is the source of all our pain. We must learn to break away from that feeling because at some point it will no longer be with us anymore. I feel as though this has been my biggest struggle.

Me and my friend Remy who passed
As I sit and evaluate my life like Buddah once did, I can see what causes all my suffering in my life. I have a very strong, loving personality that doesn't like to accept change nor beleieve things are not permanent in my life. I found this out all to soon when I lost my bestfriend almost 2 years ago to a car accident. Although we all know nothing last forever, its still hard to think in that sort of manner, and to not be upset and suffer when you lose someone you love. I have realized how many things I am attached to in my life and I have been trying to limit them down as best I can. I feel as thought it will be impossible for me to detach myself from my friends and family, along with my 12 year old dog who I still call my puppy. Love is a hard feeling to get rid of and I feel it is what keeps us attached to certain people and things. What I have been able to take from Buddah's words are to get rid of the useless attachments to unessaary objects that dont benefit you and ur life in anyway and focuse on the poeple who make your
life worth living, because you never know when it
could be their last day on earth.
My puppy, Rudy










No comments:

Post a Comment