Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Attachments filled perceived holes


Attachments are strong emotional bonds that cause people to want to hold on to things. Some attachments can get in the way of things in life for you as you pursue the next steps of reaching success. Attachments can serve you in a few ways. They can be motivating and inspirational to feel coupled to a group, to a place, or to a person. It can make your personality to love your possessions. But there is a difference between commitments and attachments.
 A commitment is a decision or a promise of a personal matter, and attachment, which is a need that has its roots in fear.  Attachments fill perceived holes. My attachment is the fight to be successful in people’s eyes. The lack of conscious being in other important parts of my life and more focus on trying to get to the next step has caused me to miss out of things that could have created memories or friends. That would stay with me forever that could have gave me more of a feeling of accomplishment then any level of success could have down the road. Learning to break this habit will bring the joy I want and need in my life so future successes when they come will be able to be shared and remembered in a better light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment