Friday, April 5, 2013


The Right Way I Have the Most Trouble With


The Right Way I feel like I have the most trouble with in my life is Right Action. Right Action is the practice of touching love and presenting harm, the practice of nonviolence toward ourselves and others. In the text, it talks about non-killing which is looked at by not killing plants, animals, or people. Of course I don’t kill people but I indirectly kill animals by eating meat, even though I’m not the one slaughtering a cow, I’m still eating the steak and creating demand for a dead cow.

Consumption of toxins such as alcohol is not a way to create a mindful/peaceful mind. The book states that
“diet is crucial for self-transformation and transformation of society”. I’m violating this by eating dead animals and consuming alcohol. After reading the chapter on right action it made it seem that drinking alcohol creates more suffering within us as well as in society. The text says if we give up a diet of toxins we are protecting our mind, body, consciousness and the mind the mind, body, and consciousness of our family members. If I lived my life in accordance to right action I would have to become vegan, not consume alcohol, and not open my mind up to toxins such as my love for reality TV. I would have to give up all of the things I love but in the love run I’ll be protecting my mind, body, and consciousness.

-Shawnna M Hall-Enoch

No comments:

Post a Comment