Thursday, April 4, 2013

Buddhism taught me the ways to live a good and enlightened life!

Buddhism taught me how to live a good and enlightened life. 



“Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue”
 
From learning about Buddhism I learned the way that we should live our lives. To become fully enlightened you must learn the four noble truths, the noble 8-fold path, and non-existence and non-permanence. With these you will learn that suffering is necessary, a path to follow for a good life, and that you are part of something bigger in the world. These three things will help you in your life to live good, free of desire, and morally

From my life Buddhism has shown me that suffering is important and necessary to overcome. An obstacle that I am facing now is that I want to join the army. My GT score is a 109 and ASVAP is 99 one point away from a perfect score and my physical abilities being perfect. With scores like this I could do anything I want in the Army and i was looking into Army Special Forces with 18 X-ray. I was all set to be sent out for training this summer when charges from when I was 18 and stupid came up on my FBI background check and I'm ineligible for Top Secret Clearance. Now I'm faced with being disqualified from the Armed Forces which I have been interested in for most of my life. But from what I learned in Buddhism I'm going to keep pushing for it and trying to get my record Expunged and take all necessary actions so I can reach my goal of jumping out of a plane for the Armed Forces. Suffering is necessary and hopefully i can over come this.

No comments:

Post a Comment