Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Yoga is Understanding


As I begin to reflect on our section of Yoga I have a sense of uncertainty.  A door of knowledge has been cracked by our readings and lectures that has provoked curiosity in some, including myself.  I wish that I truly had the time to devote myself to such endeavors into yoga, but everything else in my life consumes that time.  I hope one day I do return to yoga and enter that doorway, with much more life experience and understanding under my belt.  However I will never forget the lessons learned from the sutras in class that I feel can benefit anyone who appreciates them, such as pain being an agent of change.  I feel in many ways yoga is a means to understand the world and universe around us.  The sutras teach us the ways of the true self and how to truly observe objects and thoughts in their purest form.  It is seeing them in this fashion do we truly begin to understand them and in a way appreciate them.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I also want you get back to yoga and and have the true beautiful life in real sense. The sutras gives us the teaching, how to live a life and how should be our thoughts. Yoga is really an tremendous exercise.


    --Fabrizio Neves

    ReplyDelete