Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Mother taught me how to Stand Strong: The Story of a Fighter



The Story of a Fighter... 


Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

             -Christina Aguilera (Fighter lyrics)


I consider the song Fighter by Christina Aguilera as the perfect description of my life. The song came out in 2003 (I was 10) and ever since I heard the song, I knew it described my life. Even today, after hearing the song thousands of time; it still gives me goose bumps. The song describes all of the wrongs Christina experienced such as lies and betrayal and how it makes her a stronger person.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, this quote may be the motto of my life. The quote means that whatever you're going through, you can learn from it. I learned from all of the problems I've experience and use them to keep me moving forward for the greatness I'm destined for. I am hard-working and ambitious because those are the behaviors my mother has exhibited to me as a child. My whole life has been a process of me fighting to get where I am today. I grew up with my mother, she was a single mother and worked extremely hard to make ends meet and send me to one of the best private schools in the area. My mother and father went different ways when I very young due to his irresponsible behavior and failing to provide/take care of his family. My father emptied out my families banking account including my college fund and moved elsewhere. My family had no choice but to become fighters and to push through everything we were going through. 

I related my experience to all the suffering the Native Americans have went through. If they can survive and push through after being mistreated and discriminated for centuries, I can survive what I've been through. One thing I find admirable about Native Americans is there ability to stand up for themselves and continue with their lives.

Everything I've went through has made me stronger, work harder, made me wiser, as well as fighter. If I haven't experienced that pain, I don't think that I would be who I am today! So thanks for making me a fighter.... 

I am a fighter and I
I ain't gonna stop
There is no turning back
I've had enough








No comments:

Post a Comment