Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Yoga straightened out my life


My yoga practice has changed quite a bit over the past weeks. I've slowed things down a lot. The first time that we started practicing yoga and learning the easy and moderate positions, I was all about the flow, the fast non-stop movement. It was like I didn't want to feel anything. I just wanted to distract myself and keep moving trying to reap the benefits and get done with it. No surprise that I noticed I was living my day to day life in the same fashion. I hurried from one thing to another, so that I wouldn't have to feel that I was unsatisfied, frustrated, and confused. Distraction was my game, but what I was really doing was hiding. Lately, I yoga has been able to help me concentrate and relax at the same time.
 My favorite routines are the warrior poses and the sun salutations, because they allowed me to keep a control of my breathing and stretching simultaneously. Doing the standing poses made me feel like I was in control of my body and I liked it. It gave me that sense of empowerment and control knowing that I was able to perform the exercises, keep control of my breathing, and be able to focus on myself and my surroundings. Yoga has helped my straighten out life and get back to what I really need to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment